I’d like to proudly announce that I have successfully passed the AIPP’s – Australian Institute of Professional Photographers’ – accreditation process and now I am an AIPP Accredited Professional Photographer. It wasn’t an easy process, I’m very happy that I finally succeeded.
Thank you to all my lovely clients who vouched for me and submitted a reference letter. I’m sure all the lovely things you wrote about me helped the judges in their final decision.
Above is the image the judges thought was the best one in the portfolio I submitted for evaluation.
What is an Accredited Professional Photographer?
An Accredited Professional Photographer is a photographer, who doesn’t just claim to be a “professional” but earns that title by successfully completing the rigorous AIPP accreditation process.
Accreditation is designed to give you, the consumer, confidence that your Professional Photographer is a proven, experienced, technically capable, professional practitioner, who complies with all legal business requirements, has appropriate insurance and who is willing to agree to the mandatory Code of Professional Practice and to the requirement to continually improve their photographic skills by committing to continue their professional development.
To become accredited, a Professional Photographer has to:
- Demonstrate that they have been practising for a minimum of 2 years.
- Demonstrate that they have satisfied clients and suppliers by providing written references.
- Demonstrate that they comply with all legal, ethical and moral business requirements to practice as a professional in Australia.
- Demonstrate that their photographic skills are of our required “Professional Standard”.
- Agree to have a portfolio of their work, assessed by a panel of experienced AIPP image assessors.
- Achieve the required portfolio assessment standard.
- Agree to continue their professional development through the AIPP CPD program, maintaining up to date skills and business practices each year.
The AIPP continually monitors its ACCC certified accreditation requirements to ensure that the standard for accredited membership is appropriate for the profession of photography in 2017 and beyond.
If you would like to know more about the AIPP, their work, accreditation process and requirements please click the link below.
To find members of the AIPP search their directory by clicking the link or the icon below.